Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dear Baby - 26 weeks

26w

Dear Baby,

You recently opened your eyes and can now see your cozy little home (for the next 3 months anyways) although I am not sure it is very bright in there. Hopefully you have a good imagination. This past week was a big one for your dad and I. It is so weird to see a crib and blue walls every time we walk past your room. I can't wait for you to see it. See?! Because you can see now! Hopefully your eyes will turn out better than your parent's eyes. If not, don't worry - there have been huge strides made in the style of glasses since your dad was little. I am still hoping that you do get your dad's beautiful blue eyes. I know I will be in major trouble if you do though. How will I ever tell you no?

I was watching a show on Discovery Health two nights ago about a woman who gave birth to her quads at 25 or 26 weeks and they were all a little bit smaller than you are right now (being multiples of course) weighing in at under 2 pounds each (you should be a solid 2 pounds by now and 14 inches long). I couldn't stop thinking that you are that size right now, inside of me. You look like a baby. Wow. This is all becoming a little too real now. I washed what clothes you have so far and put them in the dresser and I couldn't stop thinking about how small they are. I was having a little bit too much fun imagining you in them.

I am having some issues with swelling in my feet and ankles, especially on the right side. I really started to notice it last night and though it isn't severe, it is a little scary. I elevated my feet and even after only being on my feet for 20 minutes this morning, the swelling was back. I did some online research and found that it could be worse on the right side because of your positioning. I do plan on calling into the doctor today just to be safe. I have been sleeping so much better (besides when your dad elbows me in the back) and I would give my energy level a 7 on a 10 point scale right now. The weather so far has been wonderful for a pregnant women in Ohio. I am dreading when Summer does decide to come though, since it will most likely be 65 one day and 90 the next. Can't wait!

It's been a while (3 weeks actually) since we took a belly shot, but here it is! I don't feel that much bigger than I was 3 weeks ago, so I added the 23 week belly shot at the bottom for comparison.

26 weeks above, 23 weeks below.


Alright, 14 weeks to go wiggle worm!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You look great Tiff

Laura said...

You look so good.

Get some rest, BL. You have a busy summer ahead of you!

Unknown said...

You make it look like so much fun ;)

You look great!

mamitasalsita said...

i love your blog. i think it is really cool you are doing it. :-)