Friday, May 16, 2008

I forgot what I was going to title this post.

24w 1d

I was going to write about a completely different topic today, but I am holding off for one of those days when I feel like being a HUGE bitch. Not really, but I just haven't collected all of my research.

I am lucky if I remember to put on underwear these days among other things. I forget everything and it is just as frustrating when someone gives me shit about it as when I finally remember. Tiff, did you do this? No. Well what the heck? You are SO forgettable. Yeah thanks captain obvious. I forget the names of things, where I put things, to deposit my paycheck, switch laundry, feed the cat, call people back, etc. I could go on for days. I cannot even hold a respectable debate with anyone these days because I have no intellectual points to add to the conversation. Why do I support Obama again? Uh, um...he has a pretty smile?

What were we talking about again?

Oh, baby brain. Riiiight. So I decided that I was going to do some research and find out if this whole baby brain thing is for real, or if I am just plain crazy. Stop laughing. Turns out, I am only part-crazy and while there really isn't any hard and fast evidence of the baby brain existence, it is pretty obvious why it occurs. Sleep deprivation, being overwhelmed, and distractions are three of the main causes of baby brain. I have also found that people have to explain things to me 18 times before I properly process it. My boss gave me an assignment today and I asked the same questions over and over again to make sure I understood what she was asking. Annoying? Why yes I am.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I always liked to joke that with all of the yummy nutrients, a good portion of my brain cells were slowly crossing the placenta in order to grow my babys brain...and that he/she would infact be a super genius! His mother, on the other hand, not so much.