Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Birds and Cheese

23w 6d

Damn birds. Every morning. The chirping and the singing, "la la la chirp chirp chirp, it's Spring! Wake up assholes!" Okay, they don't say that, but I could have sworn I heard one of them yell that this morning at 5 a.m. Don't they have some worms to eat? Anything better to do? I am tired. I am so, so, tired. I just want one day where I can lay on the couch (because it's the only place I am comfortable) and SLEEP. No cooking, no cleaning, no entertaining. Our weeknights, weekends, LIVES are so insanely busy right now. I know that it is not going to get better, EVER, but I feel like if I just had one day to sleep I would feel ten thousand times better. I guess I should be thankful that we are in such high demand and so loved, but honestly people.

And the cheese. Stay with me here. I am slightly obsessed with stinky cheese. Blue, goat, brie, if it stinks, I want it. Of course a lot of the cheeses I want to eat are big no-no's when pregnant. I am especially obsessed with goat cheese right now. I'm talking looking-up-menu's obsessed. There is this wonderful pizza place in Cincinnati called Dewey's and they have an equally wonderful salad consisting of field greens, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts and GOAT CHEESE all smothered in a balsamic vinaigrette. Are you salivating yet? I am. I actually dreamt about goat cheese last night.

The issue here is whether or not the cheese was made using pasteurized milk. Of course it is pretty difficult in the US to find a cheese that is not, but they are out there. In my grocery store there is a section of artisan cheeses if you will. Most of them are made using unpasteurized milk and therefor strictly prohibited by the pregnancy food police for risk of listeria. But you can pretty much bet the house that I will be asking my doctor about goat cheese on Friday.

Can you see now why I am so tired? All I do is think about goat cheese all day and night while the birds sing to me and the phone rings for get-togethers. Constant struggles.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Must be tough being soooo popular. I kid.

Old Meghan said...

well I hope the doc gives you the A-OK on the goat cheese, I can only imagine how stressed one would be without it!

Laura said...

All I can think about is goat cheese myself... and I am only 12 weeks... how will I live?