Friday, March 21, 2008

Let the countdown begin.

16w 1d

28-ish days. That's a normal month of February. Oh boy (or girl?).
We met one of the possible doctors that will be delivering the baby today and she was very very nice. We also listened to the heartbeat (like we will every appointment from now on) and the baby wasn't running around this time. He's either running out of room, or was sleeping. The BPM (beats per minute) was at 145 by the way. Perfect!

AND, drum roll please.....I gained 5 pounds!! Wahoo!! Although I did eat a rather large breakfast this morning and kept my shoes on (I usually take them off), but lets pretend that I really did gain 5 pounds, just to make my Friday happy. I never in a million years thought I would be excited to gain 5 pounds. And what a wonderful place the OB/GYN is, they actually get all excited and pat you on the back for a job well done, for gaining weight. The funny thing is, you can totally tell where every single one of those pounds are. I'll give you a hint: the baby lives there.

Have a wonderful, or shall I say Good Friday (wink,wink) everyone. I am working on a super-informative post for one of my best readers but it may not appear until Monday, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mom said...

congrats on the weight gain! Can't wait to see you two later!

Elisabeth said...

Congrats on the weight gain! I remember in my fifth month I gained 8 lbs after eating nearly 1 quart of Edys Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie every day for a week or so....my doc was not too happy with me...but it all balanced out in the end, and overall my weight gain was 27 lbs....I must've really just needed that calcium!! Have fun eating!! Have you had any aversions yet??

Colleen said...

I am getting my popcorn ready for Monday! Happy Easter :)