Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dear Baby - 14 Weeks



14w

Dear Baby-

I was excited to learn this morning that you are now between 3.5-4 inches long, which is the size of my palm (my hands are small, don't laugh). I feel really good knowing that all I have to do this week is look at my palm and I can instantly see how big you are. Every time I see a baby commercial I get more and more excited because all I want to do is kiss your little feet. And hands. And nose. We have something in common this week (besides having arms, feet, etc.) and that is fine hairs all over our bodies. Remember when I talked about how my hair is growing faster than Teen Wolf's (don't worry about who that is right now)? Well, I seem to be getting covered in hair. You dad and I were looking at my stomach in amazement last week and laughing because of the hairy-ness. Your tiny hair growth is called lanugo, mine is called body-is-hopped-up-on-vitamins.

You are also moving your eyes even though you can't open them yet. You might also be sucking your thumb, wiggling your toes and making faces. You also now have eyebrows and your bones are beginning to replace the soft cartilage. I am guessing this is why I could probably drink a whole gallon of milk by myself in record time.

How am I doing, you ask? I am doing good. I haven't had much energy this week but that is probably because of everything that is going on with you, your dad and just life in general. I seem to be falling asleep around 9 or 9:30pm every night and dragging ass..sorry booty, up to bed around 11pm. The round ligament pains and overall itchiness of my stomach is FUN (we'll talk about sarcasm later). We get to find out what your cousin will be on Monday, but I must say, my little muffin, that there is an overwhelming amount of boys that are going to be born around the same time as you! I can't wait to find out what you will be. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks, then we have another 4 week wait until we find out. Those will surely be the LONGEST 4 weeks of my life. Luckily, I have American Idol to get me week to week. Thank goodness you can't hear the outside that well yet. They are weeding out the bad ones though, just in time for you to hear the good ones.

I am kind of over the fruit thing, but for fun...The Nest says you are the size of a lemon this week.

Hang tight in there, for 26 more weeks!

No comments: