Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dear Baby - 16 Weeks

16w

Dear Baby -

I am sure your dad would want me to tell you Happy NCAA Tournament Day! That's right Baby Luc, it is that time! Today marks the first day of one of the most important (almost) month-long celebrations in your fathers life. Today also begins the LONGEST month of my life. In 4 weeks, we will know if you have girly bits or boyish bits. What can I possibly do with myself for the next 4 weeks? Learn to bake a cake, that's what. And trust me, it will take 4 weeks to learn. Thankfully, I have enlisted the help of your Aunty D. You see, I am going to be one of those moms who buys the store-made cookies when you have a class party at school. And at Christmastime? Grandma W. makes THE BEST cookies ever, so why should I try to compete?

Enough about me, lets talk about you. You are getting so big! 4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces! I grabbed a ruler just now and I am going to measure some things around me for comparison. Here are some things I found:

-you are the same size as my computer mouse!
-you are BIGGER than my tube of lip gloss!
-you are longer than my cell phone!
-remember last week (I think) how you were the same size as my palm? Well now you are down to my wrist!

Your head to body ratio is evening out and you no longer resemble a light bulb. You are about the size of an avocado - and all websites agree! FINALLY! In the next 3 weeks you will double in weight and add inches to your length. This is going to be fun to watch and I am going to have to keep up on the belly shots. You are also starting to grow toenails. Hopefully yours are not growing as fast as mine!

We have an appointment tomorrow and get to meet one of your doctors. We will also get to listen to your heart again and see if mommy gained any weight. You are doing a great job of telling me which foods you like and don't like. It is very clear. Thank you for that.

24 more weeks, can you hardly wait?! I know I can't!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Can I just say, I have never met an avocado I didn't like?

Tiff said...

mmm guac.