Friday, March 28, 2008

Holy Ouch.

17w 1d

The round ligament pains really decided to kick in this week. Every time I stand up, I have to do it slooooowly. Change positions? Slowly. Sneeze? Make sure you double over, cross your legs and try not to flex you lower abdomen too much, or it will KILL. Then on Tuesday, I started getting these lovely pains, almost like pulled muscles, but not quite, only on my right side. It starts usually around my belly button and stretches into my back, down my right thigh and sometimes into my arse. I decided to give it a day and see if it went away. You know what? It got WORSE. I called the best two doctors I could think of: my sister-in-law Chrissy, who somewhat recently had 2 kids, and then my OB of course who is the REAL doctor of the two. Guess what?

SCIATICA.

Good times. Especially when you already have round ligament pain. Can I explain to you what I went through last night? Good. Every time I switched positions in bed, I could barely flip over because it hurt so bad. I even had a dream that I wanted to go to the hospital and no one would take me. I let out a little whimper every time I flipped over. The best part was when I had to pee. I couldn't even walk with my right leg, it hurt so bad. Sitting down on the toilet? Agony. Climbing back into bed? Not fun.

Evidently, the Baby Luc thought it would be fun to lay on my sciatic nerve. Or this is what I like to think. It usually starts hurting when I sit too long, or lay down to long. What's next? Sleeping standing up? I have been walking around more, doing cat stretches and politely asking BL to MOVE IT. I get the whole uterus stretching thing, but with a splash of sciatica? Come on now. I guess this is my payback for not having any morning sickness.

Oh well, this is all worth it. And the belly rubs from Paul are a nice added touch!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You poor thing! I for one get so crabby if I don't get enough sleep, so I can empathize with you.

BL sure is pushing your buttons--makes me wonder if she is a little girl? You know, seeing what she can get away with now....