Tuesday, April 29, 2008

They found SOS written on the bathroom floor in blood.

21w 5d

10pm - Slowly roll off of couch after House is over. I have been sleeping off and on throughout the show and pretending to know what Paul is talking about when he asks questions.
10:15pm - Finally make it upstairs, change, watch some of The Hills.
10:30pm - after washing face, taking out contacts, and peeing, crawl into bed.
10:35pm - Finally done positioning the wedge under my belly, body pillow between legs and arms, and a pillow under my head. Shit. Can't see TV, reposition head pillow.
11pm - STILL awake. I could have swore I was exhausted when I was on the couch. Baby is now having a disco. Jon and Kate are so funny. How do they do it?
1am - Wake up. Have to pee. Might pee pants. Ahhhhh. I made it. Hey, where's Paul? Asleep on the couch I presume. Turn off TV.
3am-ish - Wake up, dripping wet with sweat. Hey! There's Paul! And Binx! On my legs. Can't move. Pee again. Reposition all pillows that have since shifted. Fall back asleep 15 minutes later.
4:15am - Wake up in pain. Sciatic nerve is killing me. Must change positions. Move body pillow and wedge. Slowly turn over. Baby is not happy. Now kicking again. Reposition pillows, kick Binx off bed. Nudge Paul because he is snoring. Elbow Paul VERY HARD because the first time didn't work. Throw covers off because I am sweating again.
4:45am - Pull covers back on, freezing.
6:15am - Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Bladder is nearing it's limit.
6:24am - Alarm goes off again. Hit snooze again. Listen to birds outside.
6:31am - Alarm goes off again. Can't hold the pee any longer. Slowly get up, can't put pressure on right leg because of sciatica. Feel something warm run down my face. AWESOME. A nose bleed. Limp into bathroom, pee, shove tissue up nose to stop bleeding. Don't get blood on the cream rug! Success.

And I wonder why I am always tired?

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Not sure if you're already doing this, but along with the kegels that you should be doing, try doing some pelvic tilts. Get on your hands and knees and arch your back as if you are a cat- pushing your tailbone to the floor. Then lower your back and try to point your tailbone upwards. It doesn't remove all the pain, but it really helped me with some of the back pain. Do them in the am, and then right before you climb into bed at night. Start with 15 reps and work up from there. They are also a great excercise to do post-delivery, during your 6 weeks of "rest". Hope you're able to get some sleep soon!

Colleen said...

I am sorry to hear of this. Pregnancy poster child you are not today ;)

Feel better!

Laura said...

Yuck--what a night.