Monday, July 28, 2008

How to put an inside baby to sleep.

34w 4d

Welcome SITS peeps, so glad you decided to stop by! Feel free to have a looky-see and leave some love!! (Can I say how excited I was to see my little blog up there in lights? Okay, on the sidebar?!)

We went to see the Dark Knight on Friday evening after realizing we were probably two of the last people on the face of the earth that hadn't done so. My assumptions were somewhat right since the theater was a lot more empty than I thought it would be for a 7pm Friday showing just a week after the release. I will say that the movie was wonderful and the acting was breathtaking, especially by one Heath Ledger, so if you are now one of the last people left that has not contributed to the economy by letting your local theater steal your most recent paycheck, please do so. This does have to do with Baby Luc, I'm getting to that.

This was probably the first movie that BL has been to since he could hear well. Also, the fact that the sixteen year old running the film upstairs was obviously smoking crack and felt the need to BLAST the volume (am I old or what?) probably helped a little too. I am not kidding you when I say that BL was doing a combination of ninja moves, disco dancing and forward rolls for the entire 2.5 hours that we were in the movie. He is sure to come out a Batman fan.
Also, it was stifling in there. What ever happened to freezing out movie patrons to keep them from wanting to snuggle up with some milk and a blankie? This probably added to the fact that since mom was so hot, BL was sure do be doing some fire dancing on the inside. So much that he caused my thumb to start twitching uncontrollably. Very strange.

After we left the movie, BL just stopped moving. Zonked out, completely exhausted. All day Saturday, all I got were tiny movements here and there, I am sure just minor comfort adjustments. Nothing like the usual ninja baby moves. Then Sunday morning, same thing, fluffing of the placenta pillow and back to sleep he went. He did not wake up for disco practice until we went swimming and he was forced to float in there. By around 5pm last night he was back to his old shenanigans, trying to bust out the side of my stomach and doing it for all to see. We are going to purchase our new camcorder tonight, so I am hoping to be able to catch some footage of ninja baby in the next week to post here.

Stay tuned for some exciting news/schtuff to look at possibly sometime today! Oh, I am such a tease!

10 comments:

Laura said...

I really just have no desire to see Batman. BL can fill me in on what happens in the next month or so!

Colleen said...

Congrats on being saucy, your sauciness!

Old Meghan said...

I had a dream about you last night... NO! NOT THAT KIND OF DREAM! Remind me spill it on Friday, b/c it was DAMN funny!

Lynda said...

Congrats on being featured and guess what? You're not the LAST person to see the movie... it might be me!

Elisabeth said...

Tx for the comment! Annabell Karmel has a few books out on introducing solids. I bought the one that is titled 100 Best Baby Purees...or something like that. (I've lent it out). It was so helpful; esp after my pediatricians only advice was to feed him "food". Seriously.

Claremont First Ward said...

So funny. I love hearing about the things that stimulate babies in utero.

34 weeks....you're getting so close!

Karol said...

Congrats on your saucy blog! Exciting, isn't it?!

You look extremely familiar. Are you on a mommy board?

Nancy Schuessler said...

Oh Tiff, that story was HILARIOUS!! He just wore his little self right out! So, I'll be staying in tune for your sneaky update...don't make me pull an all nighter!

Karol said...

Tiff, yup! I'm on the NEO nesties!! That's too funny! I was wracking my brain last night to figure out if I went to school with you or what! Nice to see you here!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

First of all, you aren't the last people to see the movie. My hubby and I have not seen it, yet. Hope that makes you feel better;)
Isn't the movement awesome. I remember how it felt to have my baby girl move around inside. Enjoy every moment. My daughter is one and I can't believe it. Congrats on the Saucy Blogroll.