Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dear Baby - 35 Weeks

35w

Dear Baby,

I went back and read the first couple entries of this blog yesterday and the first one especially made me tear up a little. I feel like time has flown by since the day after Christmas when I woke up (the day my period was due), stumbled into the bathroom at 7am and peed on a stick (and on my hand I am sure). I remember that I couldn't breathe, much like how I feel now when I don't sit completely upright. I also remember those butterflies and the feeling that I had just discovered some wonderful new drug that made me feel like I was walking on air. Again, I feel the same way now. I also remember how I got THAT feeling in my stomach - you know the one. The feeling of "I need to poop NOW!" because you are so anxious, nervous or overly-excited. Yeah, I get that feeling a lot now too. Could be the impending birth, could be that there is a 5 pound baby resting and pushing on my almost non-existent organs.

The point I am trying to get to here BL is that your dad and I (especially me) are so freaking excited I can barely explain it except to go back in time and compare it to feelings I already know. I cannot believe that in a mere five weeks I am almost guaranteed to be holding you in my arms. You will most likely be wearing your black belt and karate chopping my body, but I will love every second of it. How funny would it be if you were the most calm baby ever once you came outside? I highly, HIGHLY doubt that but a mom can dream, right?

On Sunday, I volunteered to be used as a model for a local photographer that wanted to add maternity photos to her portfolio (she already photographs babies, children and families). I told myself I would never do that because what would I do with them, and who would want to see that?! But it was free, and I was already in contact with her to do some newborn shots of you in our home. Alas, I was supposed to see these images on Monday morning but nothing yet. I have been keeping the Internet in complete suspense since then and thought that maybe, just maybe if I wrote about it she would finally put them up on her blog? We'll see. Again, my apologies to the very patient, very sweet Internet.

Nothing new to report on you today, you're just gaining weight and being a ninja like usual. 5 more weeks of waiting. Hopefully they go fast!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

wow, 5 weeks!

Elisabeth said...

Love your new header!!

Old Meghan said...

yay I'm so excited to see these pics (I guess I'm assuming you'll let me see them... and you know what happens when you assume...)!!

Colleen said...

Awww, look at your bloggy makeover! Love it and can't wait to see your pictures!

girlferns said...

Your pictures are going to be gorgeous! Can't wait!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I can't wait to see them!