Friday, August 29, 2008

MY Labor Day.

39w 1d

TUESDAY. 3PM.

Do I need to write any more? Fine. I hear your moans and groans.

There was almost a massacre here at the Luc household when they sent me home from the doctor with no induction date and no time because there was "no room at the Inn" on Tuesday. I waited an hour for the receptionist to call back and was relieved that they DID have room for me that afternoon. The hospital thought they were asking for a morning induction. Minor heart attack.

All of this sounded too familiar since the SAME THING happened to my poor mother with me. I was a breech baby, born 16 days late because there was no room. And I thought waiting until 2 days before my due date was bad!

Oh and the receptionist, while on the phone with the hospital, started asking me why I was being induced because she couldn't read the doc's handwriting and I answered with, "I don't know!". Yeah, that probably didn't help either. It's because of my gestational diabetes, by the way.

So all is good. BL is being evicted next week! Holy shitballs. I just emailed Colleen with the drop-off spot where she will have to exchange her egg for the info to guest write all the happenings on this here bloggy. 90210 fans? Anyone? Stay tuned my dear readers, the end is near. Or is it just the beginning? Mwhahaha.

Enjoy your Labor Day. Mine officially begins Tuesday.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG I can't believe that BL's day is just around the corner. I'm so excited for you guys!

Colleen said...

Alright, we both mentioned 90210 in our blogs today. Coincidence?

As I said previously, I am super pumped! Let's get this show on the road! I think Nathan is about to fire me as his personal photographer.

Old Meghan said...

Almost here!!! It will totally happen this weekend- BL doesn't want to keep his mom from the premiere of the NEW 90210 does he?!?!

Claremont First Ward said...

Thank goodness your little egg isn't breech though! Can't wait to hear the announcement!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheFamilyHolty said...

I'm still holding out hope that he decides to come this weekend!! That way you can catch 90210 while holding your baby boy instead of attempting to watch it at the hospital while in labor. Not so fun. So exciting, he is almost here!!!! So hard to believe!

Sorry I posted up there on my husband's Google ID! So I DD'd. May I burn in Knut hell (or Blogspot hell??)

Krista said...

Almost there!! I can't wait for the announcement (and of course, some pictures)!

Amy said...

I am so excited for you! It's just around the corner!

Elisabeth said...

How exciting! Enjoy life as you currently know it..but know that it gets SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Casey's trio said...

Only a couple more days...sending you healthy baby, easy delivery vibes:)

Elisabeth said...

I nominated you for an "I heart your blog" award. Come visit me..you know...if you aren't in labor yet.