Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It just keeps happening.

27w 5d

I'd like to think that I'm not bad to look at, or so I've been told. I'm not one to fish for compliments by going around complaining that "I feeeel soooo ugly and faaaat!!!" pregnant or not. I am also not one to stand in front of a mirror for hours on end brushing my hair Marsha Brady-style and fish for compliments by saying, "My hair is pretty, don't you think my hair is pretty?". Men (and some women) look at me. I know this. My mom, Paul, friends have pointed this out to me. I never really noticed before.

Now, I DO notice. I notice that they see my face, look down at the belly and immediately look away. It keeps happening everywhere I go. Just last week I went to Chipotle and it happened TWICE! The first time was as I was parking. Some younger boys saw me in my car (belly unseen of course) and started making googly eyes at me. Then as soon as I stepped out of the car, belly in full force, they looked away. Obviously scared of catching pregnancy by staring for too long. The same way a laser beam permanently damages you retinas. The same thing happened, this time by men in business suits inside the restaurant as I was waddling to order my food.

I'm thinking about carrying a brush in my purse so I can stand in front of these men brushing my hair and proclaiming, "My hair is pretty. Don't you think I'm pretty? Stop looking down. FOCUS! Eyes up here! Look how magnificent my new boobs are!"

3 comments:

mamitasalsita said...

"catching pregnancy"- that's hilarious. :-)

Laura said...

Yeah, they're just jealous that someone already captured you!

Unknown said...

You're hilarious!