Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dear Baby - 30 Weeks

30w

Dear Baby,

So? Am I pregnant enough yet? Do I finally qualify as being a full-blown pregnant person? One of my favorite things that people have been saying to me at different points in my pregnancy is, "Oh you're barely pregnant!" or "You have a long way to go!". Really? Barely pregnant? Can someone explain this to me? 5 weeks pregnant or 35 weeks pregnant, I have news for you: You're pregnant. There is a tiny, or not-so-tiny person growing inside of you. And the "long way to go" comment? Another favorite. I am sure fellow pregnant women would agree yes, please tell me again, how long to I have to go? Because I don't know a single pregnant woman that has no clue how far along she is at any given second during the day. I have approximately 69 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes and 17 seconds until BL is officially due, by-the-way.

Now that we have cleared that up, HI BABY LUC! How are you today? Sleepy I presume since you have been pretty quiet this morning. I have only gotten a couple "Hey there mom, what's this big cushy thing right here, let me poke it so you know what I am talking about" kicks since I woke up. What's really funny is that I have realized that I wake you up in the middle of the night by walking to the bathroom to pee. Even before I hit the bed again, you are all, "Yessss disco time!" and continue to bounce around for the next 15-20 minutes. So imagine me, 30 weeks pregnant and nearing a full waddle, tip-toeing to the bathroom in complete darkness, bouncing off walls, dressers and the bed in a half sleep trying not to disturb you. I knew you would get a kick out of that. No pun intended.

The website entries that I read are getting consistently shorter now, I guess you are not doing anything that interesting compared to when you were 12 weeks old and simultaneously growing arms, legs, kidneys and coming up with a way to lower gas prices at the same time. Alas, I think you are still doing cool stuff. For instance you are still growing. Crazy, right?! You are about 16-17 inches long and weigh somewhere around 3-3.2 pounds (like a head of cabbage supposedly). Your lanugo (the hair that covers your body and keeps you warm) is falling off this week since you are getting fat enough to regulate your own temperature. This makes mommy sad, since we no longer have hairy bodies in common. Your eyesight is about 20/400, which is HORRIBLE for those playing at home. This is why you can only see objects a couple inches in front of you.

I have another doctor appointment tomorrow, but I am going to venture to guess what position you are in now. I think it looks a little something like this:


I say this only because I am getting the same kick on both sides of my stomach, which means that they are originating from legs or arms. I'm thinking legs since they hurt so much. Or you could still be sideways and just incredibly talented and timing your punches and kicks at the same exact time and with the same exact force. If this is the case, I am going out to buy your newborn karate garb this afternoon. I think we have the next Jackie Chan on our hands.

Hey, come on out in 7-10 weeks would ya?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow 30 weeks - time if FLYING!!!!

Kristen said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the comments people make.. I have to agree with Jessica time is definitely flying!

Unknown said...

I once had a professor write a comment on a paper I wrote that said "saying that something is "somewhat unique" (my phrasing) is like saying someone is somewhat pregnant."

Julie said...

Can you "please" give me a hint on the baby name? I want to win the baby name guessing contest! You know he will have the nickname BL for the rest of his life, Heehee :)So excited! Can't wait for my nephew to arrive!