Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dear Baby - 8 Weeks


So here we are at 8 weeks - only two more weeks until you are officially a fetus (I will not let you forget this)! You are officially an inch long. A whole inch! That's like, an INCH! I would like to think that the reason my hair is getting thicker and shinier is because of you, but we all know it is probably from the prenatal vitamins (or Aveda Color Conserve). I'll let you keep the blame. My tummy is starting to get a lil rounder but again, probably from too much Chipotle and water retention - again, I'll let you keep that blame. This weekend you are going on your first 'in womb' trip out-of-state to New York where I will sit and watch all of our friends go skiing. I am way too clumsy to even attempt to ski at the risk of falling and potentially hurting you!

You also now have fingers, toes, elbows and knees. I can't wait to kiss them! I can, however wait for the hair-pulling you will inevitably do with those little fingers! Your head is also disproportionately larger than the rest of your body and takes up half of that full inch. You already have a big head! Just like your parents! Kidding. Your placenta is finally, finally starting to take over the whole hormone thing so I should get a break in that department.

Next, I wanted to tell you about something us 'outsiders' call Old Wives Tales. I think these are pretty funny, but let's discuss so far.
1. Craving sweet vs. sour - I am craving sour things (Limeade, Lemonheads, etc) = Boy
2. Daddy weight gain. Somehow I don't see this happening either way, but no weight gain by dad= Boy (did you hear that Paul?)
3. Stealing my Beauty? Yes. I have had more acne than usual = Girl
4. Chinese gender charts. You were conceived in December, when I was 24 = Boy
5. Necklace pendant over hand. Mine swung back and forth = Boy

So, so far the consensus of the super-smart Old Wives Tails say 4:1 that it's a boy. We'll check back in a couple months! Only 32 more weeks until I get to meet you little one!

No comments: